Since launching my photography business, I have made a ton of new friends, both online and in-person. Whether you’re new here or you’ve been following along for awhile now, thank you for investing your precious time in getting to know me and my business better. It’s so nice to have you here!
I wanted to switch things up, reintroduce myself, and share a personal post all about me today! When you hire a photographer, we are meant to capture some of life’s most intimate moments for you. I want my clients to get to know the real ME, not some stranger that shows up on their wedding day to snap a gallery of photos. That’s simply not my style.
I don’t know about you, but I love to watch Vogue’s 73 Questions interviews on YouTube. I love the quick impulsive answers and how you can learn so much about your favorite celebrity in such a short amount of time. In order to get to know me better, here is my own rendition of 73 Questions: About Victoria Rose – Part 1! Let’s hop right in!
73(ish) Questions with Victoria Rose:
- How are you doing right now? Pretty good. I feel very blessed!
- How old were you when you took interest in photography? About 13.
- What sparked that interest? My mom encouraged me to enter a school competition and the photography category seemed like an easy entry.
- What was your first camera? A Canon Rebel.
- Who has had the greatest influence in your life? My mom.
- Who is a celebrity idol? Taylor Swift, of course!
- Where did you grow up? Oxford, Michigan, which is between Detroit and Flint.
- What were you like as a child? Very shy, but a pretty good kid.
- What did you have for breakfast today? Raisin Bran.
- What does your usual breakfast look like? Either Raisin Bran or egg sandwiches.
- What time do you wake up? It varies. Somewhere between 6:30 am and 8:30 am.
- Where is your favorite place in the world? The next new place I’m visiting!
- How many countries have you traveled to? (Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, Italy, Czech Rep., Austria, Luxemburg, Canada, Dominican Republic, France, England) 11, I had to count!
- What’s one place you’re dying to go? Banff, Canada.
- What are your three travel essentials? Camera, toothbrush, and good shoes.
- Are you a beach or a mountain person? Mountain.
- What’s your favorite location to shoot? Pine Knob Mansion was beautiful! I like anywhere with great scenery!
- What is your favorite type of shoot? Weddings! Specifically the bridal portraits. They’re always so beautiful.
- What is your advice to beginner photographers? Try new things, lights, angles – you can be so creative!
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A missionary or a teacher.
- Would you still want to be either of those? Sure!
- What is your favorite snack? Verb Bars – They’re caffeinated granola bars and delicious!
- What is your favorite sport? To watch, football. To play, volleyball.
- What’s your favorite season to shoot? Fall, the trees are beautiful.
- What is a hobby of yours outside of photography? My indoor garden. I’ve been growing herbs, tomatoes, and some flowers this year!
- What is your favorite recipe to cook? Mac and Cheese (homemade, not the box!).
- Do you enjoy cooking? Yes! It’s something creative that uses my hands and gets me away from my computer. Plus, it has great rewards 😉
- What is something most people don’t know about you? My favorite colors are blue and purple.
- What is your weirdest talent? I can wiggle my nose like a bunny.
- What is your favorite TV show? Bones. Although, Sweet Magnolias is really good so far!
- How much TV do you watch a week? A few episodes here and there.
- What is your favorite song at the moment? Paper Rings.
- What is your favorite song of all time? I don’t think I can choose! Maybe… Shut up and dance with me!
- What is something you’re afraid of? Snakes
- What is your most overused saying? “Sounds good!”
That was so much fun! I hope you enjoyed reading some of my answers. Let me know in the comments section if you had any of the same answers as me! I know there has to be some of you who, too, are afraid of snakes! Would you guys be interested in a part 2 where I answer the rest of them? Let me know! And, if you’re interested in hiring me as your photographer, feel free to contact me and say hi or follow along over on Instagram! See you there!